I thought it was a good time to do one of these lists. I will probably revise in 6-12 months time. And this list will not be including my wonderful family and friends – they are a given in missing the homeland.
In no particular order, other than what springs up first when I think of home:
- Candy King
- Clothes shops (you know who you are Jack Wills, Sweaty Betty and GAP)
- Georgian architecture
- Sarcasm (it’s too negative for the Kiwis)
- British TV – I have no idea how I am going to cope during Strictly season!
- The lack of earthquakes
- Gastropubs, Indian take-aways and 60 Hope Street
- Heatwaves (this will definitely not be on the list in six months time)
- Marmite that costs less than £10
- Yorkshire, Cumbria and Bath